Although Sun does not (currently) offer download for Mac version of the Netbeans 5.5 preview packaged for mac, installing the application is quite easy. Just follow these steps
- Assure that you have Java 1.5 installed (if not, download it from Apple)
- Download netbeans-5_5-preview-linux.sh
- Make it executable: chmod a+rx netbeans-5_5-preview-linux.sh
- Extract the package: ./netbeans-5_5-preview-linux.sh -is:extract
- Change to correct directory: cd istemp370053000928
- Start the installer: /System /Library / Frameworks /JavaVM.framework /Versions /1.5 /Home /bin /java -jar netbeans-5_5-preview-linux.jar
- Follow the instruction given by the installer wizard
So now you have it installed. Running it isn't as easy:
- Go to installation directory: cd where/i /installed /it /NetBeans5.5Preview.app
- Edit etc/netbeans.conf to include path of the JVM: netbeans_jdkhome = "/System /Library /Frameworks /JavaVM.framework /Versions /1.5 /Home"
- Make the program executable: chmod a+rx bin/netbeans
After this we may try to run bin/netbeans. Unfortunately this ends with Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/netbeans/Main
Any ideas how to correct this?