Most web developers are constantly facing the problem of testing their designs with multiple browsers. Here is one practical solution for the lucky ones working with an Intel-based Mac.
- Buy Parallels and install the latest beta (in order to use its elegant coherence mode)
- Install windows XP inside parallels
- Upgrade to Internet Explorer 7 using Windows update
- standalone versions of IE 3, 4, 5, 5.5 and 6
- Install your favorite browsers on windows and mac
For example, see this screenshot where the same example application is run on IE 3, IE 5, IE 5.5, IE 6, IE 7, Firefox 1.5 (win), Firefox 2 (mac), Opera 9 (mac), Camino 1 and Safari 2 at the same time.